Customers complained about the quality, many quality issues and a limited experience of industrial production. C2U was hired to introduce lean thinking from the leaders to the operators and to set a vision for the unit.
- Evaluation of production and leadership
- Training in Lean and start of 5S and operator maintenance
- Training for Leaders – Intro Lean, Lean leadership, VSM, Workshops A3 and follow-up
- Standardization of operator maintenance.
- Line stabilization
- Operator Maintenance of the line
- Single point sessions and standards in line
- Support for supervisors – job observation
- Support to the leaders
- Create ownership of the vision – 20-00-60
- Visually, leadership, design of new scoreboards
- Meeting structure (morning meetings, weekly reporting to leaders – A3 meeting every Tuesday)
Some of the results (10 months)
- Stable production
- No customer complaints
- Increase in production from 17 tons to 20 tons (18%)
- Reduced downtime in production from 1440 hours per year to 540 hours per year. (62.5%)
- Plan to reach a production of 228 per ton in 2018 from the current 423 per tonne (46%).